Remove Comments From Wordpress Pages
I am working on this new blog and I ran into a small snag where I found that you can comment on the pages of WordPress and I don’t see much point it that, so I Googled It and spent way too much time looking for the answer. I know WordPress previously had an option where you could do this, but I couldn’t find it in the page. After a bit of searching, I did eventually find it, so here it is for you..
1. Open the page/post where you would like to remove the comments option in your wp-admin. Up in the top right you will see a drop down menu that says Screen Options. Click that.
2. When you click Screen Options another menu will pull down from the top of the screen giving you options. Under Show on screen check the box that says Discussion.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Discussion tab and click on it to expand if it is not already open. You will see two options, Allow comments & Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page.
4. Unchecking Allow comments will remove the ability to add comments to your page or post. Unchecking Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page will remove the links to other blogs that link to this page. You may choose to keep one and not the other, or uncheck them both.
5. Save your page/post. I know this goes without saying, but sometimes the last step can be overlooked!
Now that you have opened this toolbar, it should be open by default on all pages/posts that you create in the future, making it easier to disable them.